I honestly couldn’t believe that my first post about Paperang already reached thousands of unique viewers (and still counting!), to think that I didn’t promote it too much or whatsoever. I earned almost all of the views from Google search, and thank God I am reaching you guys with no SEO upgrade. Lol
Well, here’s another update from my previous post, and also one of the frequently-asked questions about the pocket thermal printer: do Paperang print-outs last?
QQuestions from readers: Do Paperang print-outs last? For how long?
➥ I used to print images and quotes and memos with my Paperang printer. And one thing for sure, thermal printers – in general, no matter the brand – do not last for long. Thermal printers use friction, and thermal papers are heat sensitive. That’s why when we play write-on-it-with-our nails (I’m not sure if you did this, but I did, copying the cashiers at the malls. Lol.), we can actually create lines. Tadaaa! So when the created heat turns cold (like love and affection), the prints fade. So to answer your question, they don’t last long. My prints were clear for two-three months the most.
Of course not. Paperang is a thermal printer. It’s that printer cashiers on supermarket or department stores’ counters use for our tape receipts. Tape receipts fade, am I correct? So of course, Paperang print-outs also fade.
Not at all related, but in case you missed, here are my latest posts:
No filters and edits except from the pixels because it’s just now that I realized I am sharing too much from a personal diary. But this one’s the updated pic of the cover photo of this post.
I think people has been asking for like three months already and I promised to post another update. Sorry, it took that long. If you’ve been reading my previous personal posts, I’ve mentioned stuff I’m currently engaged with. It’s just, well, last night, when I had the chance to take pictures of my journal’s pages. I don’t even have time yet to write there yet!
Well. There’s my update. THEY FADE. It’s been a good seven-month relationship, though. But of course, I wouldn’t want to you to finish reading this post with disappointment or a frown on the face. Let’s admit it, we all saw this coming. So here are some tips I’ve got from different articles and people around the web on how to take good care of your thermal photo print-outs.
QQuestions from readers: What should I do to make the print-outs last longer?
➥ I haven’t learned how to make the print outs lasts. Though some users suggest other brands of thermal paper, I still have doubts if a print-out can truly last for at least a year. The minimum, I think would be a couple of months. However, here are some tips that may help to slow down the fading of thermal print-outs:
1. Excessive heat will cause your thermal paper to turn gray at best or turn completely black and illegible at worst. You should always store your thermal paper receipts away from heat sources.
2. Do not laminate it.
3. Do not put transparent tape.
4. Avoid oils and liquids. Like any paper, liquids and especially oils will degrade the paper itself. In the case of oils, they will react with the coating on the paper and discolor it.
5. Purchase original thermal paper with extra coating. The extra coating protects the original coating from reacting to heat and chemicals, thus preserving your printouts.
6. Place your thermal papers in a safe place and avoid friction on its surface because it scratches the coating and may damage the image and fading may occur.
Honestly not sure if these really helps. If you have a genius idea, PLEASE COMMENT IT BELOW! Help me, and help thousands of people. Thank you in advance!