Yes, those three exclamation points basically summarize this post >> !!!
Hello, sweethearts. So what’s new? Uhmm… a lot. Remember my previous update? Well here’s the list of the challenges I am having, just in case you’re too lazy or uninterested about my last post:
- Stronger and more frequent fetal activity
- Achiness in the lower abdomen or along the sides
- Headaches, faintness, dizziness
- Bleeding gums
- Leg cramps
- Swelling of ankle, feet, hands, face
- Varicose veins
- ITCHY ABDOMEN
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Scattered Braxton Hicks contractions
- Increasing fatigue
It was a good decision to schedule the baby shower last March 11. Because days after the party, those symptoms listed above leveled up (and up and up and up every day).
I love feeling and watching my tummy move. That’s actually my most favorite part of pregnancy. But some days, the baby moves as if she’s already outside. Hindi man lang nya inisip nasa loob pa sya ng isang nilalang at nasasaktan ang nilalang na tatawagin nyang nanay. It’s less frequent, but a lot stronger and sharper. It still feels amazing and magical, but sometimes, it’s honestly scary. As if there’s a little dinosaur inside me.
They say it is because I eat a lot. Well here’s a little spoiler, non-moms, being pregnant makes you matakaw talaga as if you’re not nabubusog. If you may also excuse how stressed and depressed I am right now. Which is, speaking of the devil, my most hated part of pregnancy. (Imagine yourself on your period, just 1000000x more moody.)
So yes, pain and itchiness are real struggles. Plus every part of my body feels swollen and bloated and sore and idk. I also feel like vomiting, hirap sa paghinga, I can’t sleep well, etc. It just gets worse every week, and every day.
My OB doesn’t see any complications, though. Which is good. I mean, Mneme should have an award being a good, healthy, kicking-hard baby. So the doctor’s not putting me on complete bed rest. I actually have to move my body, try to walk, and exercise from time to time. And here comes another challenge, because I don’t feel physically fine. I am not comfortable doing things I used and need to do – walking, traveling, even painting and writing. People see it as normal, so is it just me who’s maarte and not-so-okay with it? Or maybe I’, just having a different or harder time than most preggies?
Hindi ako nagrereklamo, I’m not even annoyed. I am actually thankful, and I feel fortunate. Knowing your baby is okay and healthy is a relief and is a very ,very, very good news. I am just having a hard time carrying my own body. Sa payat ko ba naman na ito, plus my scoliosis which I thought was doing fine, idk. Mukhang mapapa-aga yung ML ko.
By the way, just for this post to make sense, here’s a list of what I learned from the past weeks:
- AVOID EGGPLANTS. I was craving for fried eggplants (brinjals) the other day and my sister said, “wag! kapag daw kumain ka non, paglabas ni bibi kapag umiyak sya magiging violet sya,” I was like… wth?! konek? Well, close enough. Brinjals are enriched with menstruation-inducing properties. Due to these properties, brinjals may also lead to abortion. These are also not good as they may cause acidity problems. (x)
- AVOCADOS ARE 100% GOOD FOR YOU AND THE BABY. (x)
- THE POWER OF PELVIC EXERCISES. One of my biggest struggles now is my pelvic pain (or whatever you call it). They say pelvic tilts help. I’m still trying this out, so I’m not going to give you updates yet. (Pero hindi ko talaga gets pano gawin. I mean makikita mo naman sa outube pero kapag ikaw na yung gagawa parang may mali. haha!)
- PREGNANCY AMNESIA or MOM BRAIN ARE REAAAAL! I’ve been vocal about my absent-mindedness at the office and even at home since I noticed it. I thought it was because of my “pinagdadaanan” but as I read the pregnancy books and apps, they say it’s normal naman daw. I’m not sure what to feel – relieved or worried – because it affects a lot of what I need to do. My job requires my brain to function well, and I couldn’t do it. My hobbies demand creative thinking, but I couldn’t do it. Well, it is actually annoying, but at least it’s normal.
- MOISTURIZERS ARE YOUR BEST FRIENDS. I’m still using Palmer’s which is really good on me, I see my stretch marks having second thoughts on multiplying (LOL). But I think I need more moisturizers for the whole body (because I’m all dry and itchy!!!) plus lip balm, so if you can recommend a brand, please message me anytime.
I also would like to share this video I found on Youtube. It is actually bitin but salute to the guys who worked on it. Happy viewing!