I’ve been wanting to have my own portable printer since I’m doing a lot of journaling and scrapbooking. Then came the instant cameras and mobile photo printers which I found very interesting and fun. But maintaining it is a bit expensive and I don’t want to spend much on that, honestly. I mean, just print it with a regular printer and who cares anyway if you’re printing it instantly or if it’s taking you days before having a physical copy.
|Do Paperang print-outs last? For how long?
I used to print images and quotes and memos with my Paperang printer. And one thing for sure, thermal printers – in general, no matter the brand – do not last for long. Thermal printers use friction, and thermal papers are heat sensitive. That’s why when we play write-on-it-with-our nails (I’m not sure if you did this, but I did, copying the cashiers at the malls. Lol.), we can actually create lines. Tadaaa! So when the created heat turns cold (like love and affection), the prints fade. So to answer your question, they don’t last long. My prints were clear for two-three months the most. Read an updated post here >>
And then I saw this mini printer in an online shopping app, and I thought, “ah! I found my printer at last!”
I’ve been using this for two months already and I still am happy about it. But of course, any item or product has its pros and cons. Let me share things I noticed about Paperang.
- I am a fan of both colored, and monochromes. And yes, I love black and white photos, so personally this is a one of the pros, but most people are expecting more from colored photos. But again, if you prefer colored photos more, expect a much higher cost.
- Photo printing is not that clear enough, but you can try different kinds of thermal paper you can actually buy from many supplies store or online.
- UPDATE: there are times the Bluetooth connection isn’t working. Maybe it’s the problem is with my iPhone, since I can connect much easier with my Huawei (Android) device.
- UPDATE: You need to have a registered account before you can connect with the app. Though registration is free, it’s still somehow a “hassle” because you can only use one account and one device at a time. So yep, whenever I’m using my Android phone, I have to re-log in again.
- It’s super portable. In fact, with the size of 3.27 x 3.27 x 1.77 inch, weighing 0.204 kg, you can just put it in your pocket and print away anytime.
- It uses Bluetooth technology, and is compatible to both Android and IOS devices. You can download the app here. > Android | IOS
- So far, battery life is great! It has 1000mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can last for more 24 hours. Charging time is more or less one hour.
- Printed texts are of great quality. So it is a great printer for your memo, notes, lists, labels, etc.
- It’s cheaper than the colored printers (of course), and thermal papers are muuuuch muuuuch more cheaper than the colored ones.
So far, I am enjoying my new toy, especially I have lots of sticker thermal paper rolls (and washis!) Thanks to electroniccity.ph for a very convenient way to have this. The item is actually on sale today!
Latest art posts:
- Twee: VVG and the Sunflowers
- Een: VVG and the Almond Blossom
- Fall in love with local art and artists as showcased by #ILOMOCA