I’ve been wanting to have my own portable printer since I’m doing a lot of journaling and scrapbooking. Then came the instant cameras and mobile photo printers which I found very interesting and fun. But maintaining it is a bit expensive and I don’t want to spend much on that, honestly. I mean, just print it with a regular printer and who cares anyway if you’re printing it instantly or if it’s taking you days before having a physical copy.
And then I saw this mini printer in an online shopping app, and I thought, “ah! I found my printer at last!”
I’ve been using this for two months already and I still am happy about it. But of course, any item or product has its pros and cons. Let me share things I noticed about Paperang.
- I am a fan of both colored, and monochromes. And yes, I love black and white photos, so personally this is a one of the pros, but most people are expecting more from colored photos. But again, if you prefer colored photos more, expect a much higher cost.
- Photo printing is not that clear enough, but you can try different kinds of thermal paper you can actually buy from many supplies store or online.
- UPDATE: there are times the Bluetooth connection isn’t working. Maybe it’s the problem is with my iPhone, since I can connect much easier with my Huawei (Android) device.
- UPDATE: You need to have a registered account before you can connect with the app. Though registration is free, it’s still somehow a “hassle” because you can only use one account and one device at a time. So yep, whenever I’m using my Android phone, I have to re-log in again.
- It’s super portable. In fact, with the size of 3.27 x 3.27 x 1.77 inch, weighing 0.204 kg, you can just put it in your pocket and print away anytime.
- It uses Bluetooth technology, and is compatible to both Android and IOS devices. You can download the app here. > Android | IOS
- So far, battery life is great! It has 1000mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can last for more 24 hours. Charging time is more or less one hour.
- Printed texts are of great quality. So it is a great printer for your memo, notes, lists, labels, etc.
- It’s cheaper than the colored printers (of course), and thermal papers are muuuuch muuuuch more cheaper than the colored ones.
So far, I am enjoying my new toy, especially I have lots of sticker thermal paper rolls (and washis!) Thanks to electroniccity.ph for a very convenient way to have this. The item is actually on sale today!
You might be interested:
- Fall in love with local art and artists as showcased by #ILOMOCA
- How are my Paperang photos now? + thermal papers dos and donts
- Photo Dump: Dailies